Monday, November 17, 2008

iTunes - Tunes of i - senuTi

Something I learned today.

Preface: My iPod has been screwed up for about six months - after it's been fully charged, it loses power in about thirty seconds.

To fix my iPod, I've decided to restore it to the original settings. This means that I'll have to lose all of my songs, most of which are not on my computer, and all of my settings. However, as I valiantly tried to copy all of my media to iTunes, it simply wouldn't work.

But, I have figured it out. To copy your music from your iPod to iTunes, open up your iPod folder from My Computer. It should have a hidden folder called iPod_Control, which has all of your settings, music, cover art, etc. Right-click the folder and chose Properties, then un-check the Hidden box under Attributes. Click Okay.  Now, you are free to File, Add New Folder to Library in iTunes.

El fin.

Edited to add: Restoring my iPod did fix the battery problem, but not all of my music was stored, though I copied it to iTunes. Weird, but worth it.

No comments: