Saturday, November 15, 2008

wordstock 3 - wordstock three - wordstock tres

I know I'm the second-worst blogger ever (thanks for being first, Laura.)

However, I feel obligated to share this and this and this with you for my own bragging benefit. I am now officially published!

I now have eight copies of my book in my possession. I bought them at the Wordstock festival in Portland on the weekend of my birthday at the Franklin, Beedle & Associates Publishing booth. When my mom and I went to the cashier (Jim Leisy, who originally started the Short Fiction Competition) to buy our copies, he remarked, "Wow, you sure are buying a lot of these."

My mom replied, "Well, my daughter is a finalist."

The entire booth erupted. "This is Danya?!" "Danya, we think you have so much potential!" "I loved your story!"A judge from the competition was there and he told me that he received my story because another judge had put it through to him as the winner of ten stories he had read.

It was amazing, it was incredible, it was what I want to do for the rest of my life.

No comments: